Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Liz Lisa Rose motif lip gloss (Tokyo Kawaii Life order 14)

 
This is the post I skipped near the end of January 2015 because I was having issues with it lol. It's over a year past due :O. Tbh I'm still having issues, but I can't delay this forever, so I decided to just go with it. And now you will all know why I don't do beauty product reviews lol.

ローズモチーフリップグロス (142-9993-0)
Rose motif lip gloss in deep pink and pink
I had rarely seen these on sale (or if on sale, only very minimally), so I jumped at the chance to get them discounted. I really only wanted the deep pink color, but you had to purchase a minimum of 2 items in the sale venue to get the discount, so I decided to get the pink color as well. I'm not much of a make up or even fancy lip gloss person, but I love the packaging and knew that if I wanted to get Liz Lisa make up products, the lip gloss would be the only one I would use (since I don't wear eyeshadow or blush). I've read multiple reviews from others who were less than pleased with Liz Lisa's make up products' quality for the price, but since I wasn't paying full price, I thought it was worth it to try at least once.
I purchased these on Dec 30, and then consolidated them with my pink heart suede pumps that I ordered the day after (wtf) once they both processed at Tenso. If anyone is wondering, the weight for both of these was 140g, and they shipped to Tenso in a package rather than a box (but were well protected and wrapped in bubble wrap inside!).


The first time I tried to take photos for this review, I was just trying to use my iPhone 5s front facing camera and yeah that definitely wasn't good enough...or I was in a place with bad lighting (that I thought was good but maybe wasn't)...or maybe both. I have a macro lens for my DSLR but it's hard for me to take selfies with it because it works best if you're behind the camera to help it focus.
The other issue I had was that I realized I don't know how to apply real lip gloss?? I even googled it after my first attempt seemed to go quite badly. I haven't worn lip gloss like this in a tube in a long time or maybe not lip gloss this serious and thick? I don't even know lol. I ended up with an uneven (some places very thick and others with none at all) patchy application, and I didn't even bother trying to take pictures of that.

I did end up taking both glosses out of their packaging for these photos, but I decided to gift the jewel pink one to my brother's girlfriend, so I am only able to use the remaining one ("rose pink") for a small "review"/closer look.

Like I already mentioned, I'm a huge noob when it comes to beauty products, so first of all, I don't have anything to compare this to and, second, I don't even know how to apply it properly apparently lol. I tried several times but it kept coming out super clumpy and weird. This could be my lips' fault or maybe it is the lip gloss's fault (doubt it). So I can't really say much to that, but the color is nice on its own imo! And ofc the packaging is gorgeous lol. I'm pretty sure that if you are not as inept as me, this would be a very reasonable product although it is a little thick imo. (Idk is it supposed to me like that??) I'm not sure how much I will ever use this purely due to my own inadequacies (hence me giving the second one away so that both wouldn't waste), but tbh I'm not sorry I purchased it lol.
Sorry if you were expecting a real review of the lip gloss and just came here and only found a lip gloss photoshoot lol without even a photo of it "worn" :O. Idk if that last picture of the "lips" is too gross or weird but that's the best I could do lol. It really just looked so awkward on my actual lips. But the color came out pretty nicely onto the Kleenex haha.

As a small reminder (and I'm sure those of you who actually read my posts are tired of reading these blurbs, but I am constantly getting blamed for not warning people of this, so here I go again) - I am extremely uncomfortable with my personal photos being used for the profit of others especially without a simple source link. In general, I would prefer for my photos not to be reposted without my permission at all, but if you feel the extreme need to do so, I simply ask that you just include a simple link back to my original post. Regardless of whether I watermark every single photo, I do still own the copyright to these pictures and you finding them on Google Image does not mean I do not own them anymore?? (There has been some confusion on that front apparently. And to be clear, Google does even warn you when you click on a photo that the image may be subject to copyright, and Google does not sever the photos from their original pages, so it's easy to find their source if you choose.) I do not blog and post these photos so that others can sell their products that are not associated with me in the slightest. And the response I get when I just ask for my photos to be sourced really discourages me from sharing and continuing to blog. I mean this in the least aggressive way possible, but I'm not just going to throw 80 smiley emojis in this to "soften the tone" because I am serious, and I honestly feel like you should be able to read a paragraph like this without emoticons and not be offended by its message.

4 comments:

  1. The pictures look nice! I'm kind of bummed out I never purchased any make up from Liz Lisa now TT_TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and the bummer part is that make up goes bad so you don't necessarily want to find someone reselling it 8 years later lmao

      Delete
  2. I did not know Liz Lisa have make up too, the rose lip glosses are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was part of a line that is now unfortunately extinguished! The packaging was always the main selling point haha.

      Delete