Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Buyee purchases 8 - Liz Lisa lavender haul

I feel like I did a decent job of staying away from secondhand sales that require a shopping service and I mostly did that by just avoiding even browsing like the plague lmao. But I did have a moment of boredom and weakeness in October as I finally convinced myself that I was done buying from TKL due to winter stock and needed another outlet. Enter these purchases.

Liz Lisa x My Melody x Little Twin Stars triple collab angel OP in lavender; Condition: Used -
https://twitter.com/lizlisaofficial/status/619482478927941632https://twitter.com/lizlisaofficial/status/619482478927941632
This is the listing that sucked me back in. I saw this and even though it's used, I thought the price wasn't terrible considering the design as long as it's actually in good condition as the seller described. I have both the pink and the white versions of this dress and even had had an opportunity to buy the lavender in store but I was stupid and didn't try on the pink version at the time, so I didn't know how nice the fit was and missed it. I can't say that I was searching for it ever since, but I wasn't going to let this new chance slip by without at least one bid. Lucky for me, that was enough!
with Liz Lisa floral cage wedge sandals + Liz Lisa 3D flower ruffle cardigan -

with Liz Lisa OTK pom pom ribbon boots + Liz Lisa fur collar cardigan and Samantha Thavasa purse -
There is a small repair that needs to made just above the side zipper and below the sleeve but it's a very easy fix. Otherwise, the dress is exactly as described. I have to say, I don't think this is the most flattering color on me, but I do love how it pairs with white and pink!

Liz Lisa camisole dress; Condition: New -
You know, I have to say, I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I bought this lol. It had a Buy It Now price and I wasn't winning any of the other auctions I was bidding on, so maybe I just wanted to get something. I was also swayed by the condition and how old the dress was, plus the simple but cute design didn't hurt either.
with Liz Lisa t-strap wedge sandals and Liz Lisa corsage actress hat -

with Liz Lisa 2-strap ribbon pumps and Liz Lisa x My Melody 9th collab tote + Liz Lisa momonga cardigan -
The dress has a really small stain on it but I suppose that isn't unheard of for a five year old dress. It wasn't noticeable at all and I didn't even see it until I was spreading out the fabric on the mannequin. This is a very small dress lol. There is some shirring but the straps are also a bit short (not unusual for Japanese free size) and I would only suggest this one for someone who is a US size XS or maybe S that is 5'4" or shorter unless you plan to wear it more as a top or maybe roomwear. I do like the design but I feel a bit like I'm squished when I wear it.

Liz Lisa top & skirt set; Condition: New -
Another listing where I kind of bid on it just because I thought the price was good but didn't have any special feelings about wanting to win it. I do like both this top and this skirt, but did I really need to own them? Not particularly. Tbh, that's kind of how I always shop on Yahoo Auction-type spaces which is why I should be avoiding them. I'm kind of just spending money to spend money but not actually putting any particular thought into what I'm bidding on as long as it's decently priced. But the thing is, and I always know this so idk why I let myself do it, is that the final price once all the fees and both domestic and international shipping are factored in is not even that spectacular wtf. In any case, since these are "current season" items, so I know the exact item name and number from TKL - Open shoulder knit top in white オープンショルダーニットトップス (162-3002-0) & Small flower print skirt in pink 小花柄スカート (162-4007-0).
Top & skirt together
with Liz Lisa pom pom pumps -

Top only
with Liz Lisa floral jumpsuit and Liz Lisa (floral) wedge pumps + Michael Kors purse -

with Liz Lisa floral shorts and Liz Lisa ankle boots + Liz Lisa riders jacket -


Skirt only
with Liz Lisa cotton frill ribbed top and Liz Lisa clear pearl sandals -

with Liz Lisa chiffon A-line blouse and Liz Lisa ribbon pumps + Ank Rouge key embroidery cardigan and Samantha Thavasa purse -
Once I was able to try on these pieces, I liked them way more than I anticipated. The top is a knit but reasonably lightweight and I like the shoulder cut out design. The style of the neckline balances it perfectly and is great for pairing with a statement necklace! The fit of the skirt is really wonderful. I was afraid it would be too big/loose, but I really couldn't ask for anything better. This was a listing I could have easily passed on but I'm so glad I didn't and had the opportunity to add these great pieces to my wardrobe.

Liz Lisa x Yui Kanno collab constellation OP in purple; Condition: Used -
http://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-11790199839.htmlhttp://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-11796081853.html
This dress is from the very first Liz Lisa x Yui Kanno collab back in March 2014 and also came in blue/navy. I didn't think very highly of it when it was first released because I'm wasn't a fan of the half sleeve length enough to pay full price, but I later felt that I missed an opportunity with this, especially in the purple colorway. I wouldn't have said that this item is necessarily on my "wishlist" but I definitely wanted to take a stab at getting it when I noticed it.
with Liz Lisa 3D flower pumps + Liz Lisa batwing knit and Kate Spade New York purse -

with Liz Lisa knot wedge sandals + Liz Lisa x Yui Kanno collab rose drop cardigan -
This dress, as anticipated, hits a little too high on my torso and almost has a babydoll effect. That being said, it still has an overall sweet look because of the color and the collar. The sleeve length also helps with that "dolly" illusion. There isn't a lot of stretch to this dress, but I do like the material and overall design. The only reason I'm not in love with it is because I'm just slightly too long is the torso for freesize lol.

This ended up being an unintentional lavender/neutral themed "haul". Even though the color of the skirt is technically "pink", it's such a dusty type pink that it really appears lavender in some lighting. I have to say, these items were more-or-less a success which is all I can really ask for with secondhand overseas purchases, but all the fees and extra charges are enough to make sure I don't constantly use Yahoo Auctions and similar type secondhand venues from Japan very often.

6 comments:

  1. very cute purchases, I think the first and last dresses are my favs <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Yui Kanno dress - it's super cute but it reminds me of the Ank one you have a lot. XD The LTS x MM X LL dress was a good find! The lavender almost looks more pink on my monitor though. The top and skirt were a really good buy - glad you got lucky with that one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be my bad lighting wtf. IRL it's definitely purple. The pink color for this series was actually a "deep pink".

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky with buyee! I can't seem to find good LL items at all.

    ReplyDelete