Saturday, March 11, 2017

Liz Lisa x My Melody (x Sweet Piano) 8th collab OPs

I was able to get not just one but both Liz Lisa x My Melody 8th collab OPs from a Facebook friend who was selling some of her items. Both dresses were new with tags and originally purchased from Tokyo Kawaii Life, so even though I passed on these OPs in the past for good reasons (mainly because of the long sleeve feature), I couldn't resist getting them secondhand with this opportunity.

http://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-12097478487.html
I don't usually do blog posts for secondhand purchases but since these are collaboration items and I've done posts about most other Liz Lisa x Melody collabs in the past (2nd collab OP in white2nd collab OP in pink4th collab OPs in pink and blue5th collab OP in white | 6th collab OP in pink and white | 7th collab OP in pink | 7th collab OP in white7th collab OP in lavender | 9th collab OP in pink and white | 10th collab vol 1 in pink | 10th collab vol 2 in limited all pink), I thought it would make sense to do a quick one now for the 8th collab  since I can! (I have been searching on secondhand sites for a reasonably priced 3rd collab dress as well. I've seen them in the past but haven't been willing to pay very much for it in used condition knowing that I likely won't wear it often.)

Liz Lisa x My Melody x Sweet Piano 8th collab vol 1 cosmetics print sweet OP in pink
http://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-12094069756.html
http://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-12094069756.html
Between the vol 1 and vol 2 dresses released for this collab, I was less enthralled by this one because of all the over print, not even breaking up at the sleeve or the collar. Since then, I've really warmed up to the concept and have been conditioning myself against automatically associating this kind of print layout as pajamas lol. I was lucky that the pink version was what my friend had available because it was my first choice between the two colors. The bow + pom pom at the neckline is removable.
with Liz Lisa pom pom earrings and Liz Lisa ribbon pumps + Samantha Thavasa purse -

with Liz Lisa heart organza pumps + Liz Lisa x Yui Kanno rose drop cardigan -

with Liz Lisa OTK boots + Liz Lisa peplum cardigan and Samantha Thavasa purse -
After trying this dress on, I actually really like it a lot. The all over print really doesn't bother me and the fit is really nice. I do like the collar detail once worn and it pairs well with a solid cardigan to help tone things down a bit. I even took this dress with me on my recent Japan trip!

Liz Lisa x My Melody 8th collab vol 2 snow OP in white
http://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-12107313432.html
http://ameblo.jp/lizlisa-official/entry-12107313432.html
Although I was more on board with this dress's print layout and design, I had initially decided to pass due to the long sleeve and fur details which I wasn't convinced I needed for the original price and trouble of the online release. The fur is removable which is great for me but I do think it's so much cuter with those details. This was one of the first collabs where the My Melody character was featured in such a big way on the print/dress.
with Liz Lisa pom pom boots + Liz Lisa rose quilted purse -

(without fur detail on wrists) with Liz Lisa x My Melody 10th collab stuffed iPhone case and Liz Lisa 3D flower pumps & Malco Modes Angela petticoat + Liz Lisa flocked cardigan -

(without fur collar or wrist details) with Liz Lisa pom pom pumps + Liz Lisa flower applique cardigan and Samantha Thavasa purse -
This dress is a really nice fit and I do really like how the print stands out on the white background. It's great to match with both pink and white! The removable fur pieces make the dress a bit more versatile season-wise but are definitely a super cute detail with the pom poms.

I initially passed on getting both of these OPs from the Liz Lisa x My Melody 8th collab but I'm so happy a second opportunity presented itself with the items in such good condition. I love both of these much more than I had anticipated. This should definitely be a hint to myself that I shouldn't be passing on these in the future if at all possible, haha.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Love both dresses, but especially the second one with the fur details is adorable! I'm surprised how well it looks with a petticoat underneath it, the silhouette is so pretty.

    I know you have a lot of the collaboration items, but do you collect the anniversary items as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have very many of the anniversary items - especially the anniversary falls in an autumn/winter season. I have some of the items which have interested me in the past but I don't make it a point to try and buy them specifically.

      Delete
  2. When it comes to collabs always buy first then think about it later lol.
    The MM dresses are so pretty though. I super love Sweet Piano (and MM ofc!) I love the look of MM dresses with the petti underneath it - they look so much better with them (IMHO)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know that now but didn't understand it well enough then.
      And yes petti gives nice shape!

      Delete